I am choosing to start an online blog because most of my family is long distance and I realize that keeping in touch with them and having them be able to keep track of my transition without it would be fairly complicated. This way I can update regularly and if they want to know how I'm doing and where I am in my process, all they have to do is sign in. I will be updating as frequently as possible and adding videos as well so that everyone can see where I'm at. I realize that some changes are going to come fairly quickly and this can be scary and confusing for some of you, I would like to send out and open invitation to any and all of my friends and family that I am here to answer any question and/or concern or if anyone just wants to touch base and have I chat. Feel free to contact me anytime. ANYTIME!


Friday, September 23, 2011

Time Lapse

It's been almost seven months since my last update and since I got my top surgery from Dr. Cameron Bowman. I apologize for the delayed posting, this summer has gone by in a flash. After I received my surgery I took a leave from work for six weeks. Surprisingly the surgery didn't hurt as much as you would expect. I was on my feet, moving quite slowly, within the first week. After two weeks I was quite mobile, I remember saying that it felt similar to how you feel the day after a really intense workout, when your muscles are tight and a little sore. I was pleased with how quickly I was healing. I had to wear a compression vest for the first four weeks to prevent excess swelling. After six weeks I went back to work and resumed my life without any hindrance, aside from the fact that I couldn't fully extend my arms above my head or straight out in front of me for at least 2 months without feeling strained but that didn't effect my day to day life much. I recently had my six month check-up with Bowman and he said things are looking great. I am going to have revision surgery with him in early January to re size my areolae. I am so pleased with the results so far and am nothing short of ecstatic at the fact that I can feel a cotton t-shirt against my skin. This summer has been at least 10 degrees cooler without all those layers and a binder. As far as other changes from the testosterone; my voice is well within the male range although sometimes I still get called Ma'am while on the phone due to my female inflections and intonations (I have to work on that); my facial hair is becoming more coarse, requiring a shave every second day; I have a fairly decent amount of chest hair. I'm feeling incredibly happy with the changes so far. I'll try to post a video soon.