I am choosing to start an online blog because most of my family is long distance and I realize that keeping in touch with them and having them be able to keep track of my transition without it would be fairly complicated. This way I can update regularly and if they want to know how I'm doing and where I am in my process, all they have to do is sign in. I will be updating as frequently as possible and adding videos as well so that everyone can see where I'm at. I realize that some changes are going to come fairly quickly and this can be scary and confusing for some of you, I would like to send out and open invitation to any and all of my friends and family that I am here to answer any question and/or concern or if anyone just wants to touch base and have I chat. Feel free to contact me anytime. ANYTIME!


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Eye Of The Storm...

Time's up! I got a call last week from Dr. Cameron Bowman's office about getting MSP covered chest reconstruction. April 6th is my day. How quickly it all happened. One minute I was moving forward in waist deep mud thinking things couldn't possibly go any slower and suddenly it's the day before the day I've been waiting for for years! Funny how that happens. I am scheduled to get my surgery early in the morning at the UBC Hospital, and should be home late afternoon. I'm taking a month off work to rest and heal. Interestingly enough, I'm not very nervous. I am not looking forward to the pain I will be in, but the actual surgery is incredibly exciting! I just keep thinking about being able to wear whatever shirt I want and not having to keep checking to see if my chest is showing. And, being able to go to the beach without wearing layers of shirts, and most importantly, feeling comfortable with my body. Just being able to look in the mirror and being happy about it. I will post a video today so you can see what I look like these days, it's also, conveniently, just over one year since I started testosterone. So that video will be up soon.